LYBSA Scholarship Information
LAKESHORE YOUTH BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Lakeshore Youth Baseball and Softball Association (LYBSA) may grant registration fee scholarships to area youth who without financial assistance would not be able to participate in the LYBSA sports program. The LYBSA scholarship program focuses on providing opportunities for area youth to participate in recreational team sports because of the physical, mental, and character‐training benefits these programs provide. Scholarships are only available to cover the cost of registration for recreational teams and are not available to cover any additional costs (equipment, tournaments, tournament uniforms, etc.).
Scholarship requests must be submitted to LYBSA no later than one month prior to the regular registration deadline. The amount of the scholarship awarded (if any) may be a partial or full scholarship depending on the number of applicants, and the amount of scholarship funds available. Scholarships are awarded for one (1) sport per registrant and are only valued for one (1) sport at a time, therefore, individuals must reapply for each sport and year they are requesting assistance. LYBSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a very limited amount of funding available for scholarship athletes. No guarantee of assistance is implied in the application.
Requirements for eligibility:
- Athletes must be age 14 or younger and must attend Lakeshore Public Schools or reside in Lincold Township
- Commitment to attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled practices and games.
- Participation by an adult family member to an agreed upon amount of voluntary service to LYBSA during the sport season. Volunteer work will be under the direction of the LYBSA Board and can include working in concession stand, field work or other duties as assigned by the LYBSA Board.
- Application must be completed by a parent, guardian, or head of household, with all requested information provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Complete the LYBSA Scholarship Application Form, which must be signed by a parent/guardian.
- Email completed and signed application to
- firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the application deadline.
- Scholarships will be provided on a first‐come, funding and space available basis.
Lakeshore Youth Baseball and Softball Association does not discriminate based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, physical ability, or cultural and religious backgrounds.
Lakeshore Youth Baseball and Softball Association will use the information on the application only to decide if you child qualifies to receive a partial or full scholarship for eligible athletic activities. Confidentiality will be maintained at all times. Applicants are guaranteed that applicant information will not be discussed outside of the LYBSA Board. Coaches, assistant coaches, or volunteer helpers will not be informed of a participant’s financial or scholarship status.
***Please note: Approval of a scholarship does not register the participant in the activity. You must still register the athlete in the sport desired.